Originally inspired by John McKnight’s Building Communities from the Inside Out: A Path Toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community’s Assets (1993), the Directory of Services is currently updated annually and available both online and in pdf format.
Since service providers, programs, services, and contact information are constantly changing, we would like to invite all community groups and stakeholders to direct any omissions, mistakes, or updates to Tamara Squires or 754-0536 ext. 200.
Click on one of the following categories to see the organizations in the St. John’s Metro Area that offer services relating to that topic:
- Housing – Shelters, housing options, and other related supports.
- Recreation – Recreational programs involving the arts, athletics, and general social events.
- Employment – All types of employment support and skills development programming.
- Justice – All justice-related supports and programming including crime prevention and reduction, legal aid, victim supports, courts, advocacy, etc.
- Learning – Educational programs and support including child care facilities, tutoring, libraries, etc.
- Health – All health-related supports and programming, including mental health, addictions, nutrition and poverty initiatives, and advocacy and support groups.
To download a hard copy version of the Directory of Services please click on the link below: