Welcome to Thrive’s Directory of Services & Newsletter!
Originally inspired by John McKnight’s Building Communities from the Inside Out: A Path Toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community’s Assets (1993), the Directory of Services is currently updated annually and available both online and in pdf format.
This Directory will provide a listing of organizations and services, primarily in the St. John’s Metro area. This Directory is not provincial in scope, although some organizations do have provincial mandates. Thrive recognizes that trying to find information or navigate services can be difficult, therefore we hope this directory provides ease of access to information to help make this process easier.
The Directory is broken down into the following sections;
- Childcare – All Child-care related supports and programming, such as registered childcare centres etc.
- Community Activities – Recreational programs involving the arts, athletics, and general social events.
- Education – Educational programs and support including child care facilities, tutoring, libraries, etc.
- Employment Supports – All types of employment support and skills development programming.
- Health – All health-related supports and programming, including mental health, addictions, nutrition and poverty initiatives, and advocacy and support groups.
- Housing– Shelters, housing options, and other related supports.
- Indigenous Supports within the Indigenous Communities providing information and resources etc.
- Justice – All justice-related supports and programming including crime prevention and reduction, legal aid, victim supports, courts, advocacy, etc.
NOTE: Due to the current and developing restrictions and protocols surrounding COVID-19 in our province, any given service you are inquiring about may be subject to changes in operation. To find out more information on changes this service may be implementing, click here.
To download a hard copy version of the Directory of Services please click on the link below: