The Children’s Centre
80 Craigmillar Avenue, St. John’s, NL A1E 1Z8
|Tel: (709) 579-9053 |
The Children’s Centre is a not-for-profit and parent-run preschool. They offer flexible and affordable programs for children ages 2-5, with a focus on play-based learning. The main objectives of the Children’s Centre’s programs are to increase independence and self-confidence through emphasis on self- selected activities and problem solving, to increase understanding and acceptance of oneself and others through individual and group activities, and to broaden and enrich the child’s horizons through a variety of “learning by doing” activities.
Children ages 2-5.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
The Children’s Centre follows a rolling registration model, and registrations can be submitted at any time. If no space is available, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Preschool 1 is a full-time program for two-year-olds.
- Preschool 2 is a part-time program for children ages three to five. Families can choose from morning or afternoon sessions and children can attend two, three, or five half days per week.
- Preschool 3 is a full-time program for children ages three to five.
- When space is available, children currently registered at the Children’s Centre can attend outside of their regular days and times on a drop-in basis.
- The Children’s Centre is a non-profit organization which means all income generated by program tuition, fundraising, and donations goes straight into the classrooms, programs, and their continual betterment.