Brighter Futures Coalition of St. John’s
Address: Suite 200, Nuport Building, 44 Torbay Road, St. John’s, NL A1A 2G4
|Tel: (709) 739-8096 |
Fax: (709) 739-8097
Facebook: Brighter Futures Coalition of St. John’s and District
The healthy development and well-being of children and families within supportive communities. To provide quality programs and services that promote the healthy birth, growth and development of children aged 0-6 years and their families.
Children 0 – 6 years and their families.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Healthy Baby Club: A flexible, continuous-entry program that provides support, nurturing and guidance to pregnant mothers.
- The weekly group meetings provide an opportunity for participants to get together with other pregnant women in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- You can self-refer to this program if you are in need of some additional support during your pregnancy.
- Mother Goose: A group experience for parents/ caregivers, their babies and young children; it focuses on the please and power of using rhymes, songs, and stories together.
- Up to 14 children per group, and generally offer 3 sessions per year (September, January, and April). Sessions vary between 8-10 weeks.
- To register, email email@example.com
- Physical Activity Program: Children and their parents/ caregivers are given an opportunity to run, jump, skip, and play in a large gym. Materials are provided that encourage active play. Free Drop-in Service offered at 2 locations: Paradise Youth Rotary Centre (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Gloria Pearson Community Centre (Contact: email@example.com).
- Family Resource Centres – Play Groups: A supportive environment that recognizes the value of family in the development of happy, healthy children.
- Offers 7 free, play based programs for parents/ caregivers with their children, ages 0-6.
- For a list of Family Resource Centres, click here.
- Breast Feeding Support Program
- Provides an opportunity for any breast feeding mothers to receive support, encourage each other, and socialize in a friendly, nurturing environment.
- The group consists of a Public Health Nurse, a Healthy Baby Club Coordinator, and a Resource Mother.
- For more information, contact Karen Pynn at (709)-739-8011)
- Little Learners (Baby-Only Program)
- Program for babies, ages 0-1.
- One a week for 90 minutes, free of charge.