Tel: (709) 740-0257 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To advocate, fundraise, and raise awareness of local charities and organizations.
Target Population: All local, eligible, charities.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
How it works:
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year. Meetings are conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with donations may nominate a local charitable organization. The criteria for eligible organizations can be found here.
- All the nominated charities names are put in a hat and 3 names are randomly drawn.
- The member who nominated the 3 chosen charities will make a 5 minute presentation about their organization to the group.
- Each member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote at the meeting for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to give her cheque to another Member to deliver on her behalf.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.