In 2003, Thrive (formerly the Community Youth Network, St. John’s) compiled an Asset Map Directory listing all the services available for youth in the St. John’s Metro Area. Originally inspired by John McKnight’s Building Communities from the Inside Out: A Path Toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community’s Assets (1993), the Directory of Services for Youth is currently updated annually and available both online and in pdf format.
Since service providers, programs, services, and contact information are constantly changing, we would like to invite all community groups and stakeholders to direct any omissions, mistakes, or updates to Ange Crockwell at email@example.com or 754-0536 ext. 201.
Click on one of the following categories to see the organizations in the St. John’s Metro Area that offer services relating to that topic:
- Employment – All types of employment support and skills development programming.
- Health – All health-related supports and programming, including mental health, addictions, nutrition and poverty initiatives, and advocacy and support groups.
- Housing – Shelters, housing options, and other related supports.
- Justice – All justice-related supports and programming including crime prevention and reduction, legal aid, victim supports, courts, advocacy, etc.
- Learning – Educational programs and support including child care facilities, tutoring, libraries, etc.
- Recreation – Recreational programs involving the arts, athletics, and general social events.
To download a hard copy version of the Directory of Services for Youth please click on the link below: