Youth Leadership Program Facilitators (2)
7 hours week for 13 weeks
Thrive is seeking 2 facilitators to carry out Thrive’s Leadership Development Program. The Leadership Program will be a combination of educational sessions on topics such as communication & conflict resolution; team building activities; guest speakers; and a community service project planned and carried out by the group. The program will take place once per week for two hours and will serve a maximum of 10 youth primarily 16 – 20 years. If you have excellent facilitation skills, a strong commitment to working with youth, and enjoy being challenged, then Thrive would like to hear from you!
Details of work to be completed:
- Plan, organize and facilitate 26 hour Youth Leadership Program with Youth Leadership Co-facilitator based on Thrive’s program manual;
- Problem solve any program, group, or individual challenges in consultation with Thrive staff team;
- Organize food and transportation assistance for each session;
- Manage group dynamics;
- Create a safe, open, and positive atmosphere for youth participants;
- Follow up with participants if attendance drops or critical incidents arise;
- Report any incidents to Supervisor;
- Record program attendance and complete program administration tasks;
- Collaborate with community partners to plan community service project;
- Participate in an evaluation meeting.
- Excellent group facilitation skills;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of barriers and issues faced by marginalized youth ages 16-20;
- Previous experience managing and programming for vulnerable youth groups;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Training/ education in the social sciences sector;
- Ability to work within a strengths based, harm reduction model.
Hours of Work/Remuneration
- 91 Hours total (26 delivery of Leadership Program & 65 for Preparation & Administration)
- $25.00 per hour
- Must be available consistent 2 hour timeslot for 13 weeks
If you are interested in applying please submit resume to:
Thrive Youth Leadership Program
PO Box 26067
St. John’s, NL A1E 0A5
No emails please
We would like to thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY DECEMER 11, 2014