Thrive is now accepting applications for a Velocity program assistant
Thrive’s “Velocity” program is excited to be offering the position of Velocity program assistant to a post-secondary student returning to school in the fall.
The position will be for the duration of 7 weeks in June, July and August.
The “Velocity” program provides adrenaline and adventure based programming to youth, ages 13-18, facing barriers in the St. John’s region. “Velocity” also provides individual support, mentorship and community resources connections to participants of the program.
Velocity program assistant
- Assisting the Velocity Coordinator in the programming and implementation of all activities during the time of employment.
- Helping to program, guide and prepare three, multi-day canoe trips in July and August.
- Assisting in goal setting, mentoring and individual support with “Velocity” participants.
- Food preparation for activities and expeditions
- Administrative tasks
- Work with “Velocity” volunteers
- Communicate with participants and their family members
- The candidate must have completed a full time course load in the winter semester and be returning to full time studies in the fall at a post secondary institution.
- Must be 30 years old or younger
- The ideal candidate would have experience in an outdoor recreation setting working with youth. Experience working with vulnerable youth/families would be an asset.
- Must possess a clean record of conduct.
- Up to date certification in First Aid and CPR
- Certification in lifeguarding and certification from Paddle Canada would be an asset.
Please send your resume and 3 references to:
Thrive Hiring Committee
PO Box 26067
St. John’s, NL A1E 0A5 Fax (709) 754-0842
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2014. We would like to thank everyone that applies in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted